The Town of Whitemouth is located east on PTH #44.

Whitemouth began to develop as a community around 1880, although fur traders and natives used the Winnipeg River long before then. The first true settlers included Howard Corregan, Walter Wardrop, and D.G. Campbell. Howard Corregan built Fort Howard which the community was first named after. In 1881 the first school was built; one year later, David Ross built the Presbyterian Church. His wife, Doctor Charlotte Ross, was the first female doctor in Manitoba.

The Rural Municipality of Whitemouth extends from approximately Seven Sisters to the north, the Whiteshell Provincial Park to the east, the Town of Whitemouth to the west and Elma to the south.

The major highways intersecting the R. M. of Whitemouth are PTH #44, PTH #11 and PTH #15. To find the R. M. of Whitemouth, head east from Winnipeg on any of these major highways.

Related categories 1

Dr. Charlotte Whitehead Ross
A biography of this person, who was a daughter, mother, physician, surgeon, and Sunday school teacher all at the same time. She was also the first lady doctor in the province. Gives a bibliography.
Rural Municipality of Whitemouth
The official site of the Rural Municipality, whose offices are located in the Town of Whitemouth. Lists local government, businesses, contact, services, history, tourism and economic development.
Whitemouth and District Lions Club
A community service organization. Lists officers, meetings, location, address and events.
Whitemouth School
From Kindergarten to Grade 12.
[Manitoba Mozilla]
Last update:
March 5, 2016 at 23:46:07 UTC
Regional
Science
Shopping
Society
Sports
All Languages
Arts
Business
Computers
Games
Health
Home
News
Recreation
Reference