- Clawton is a village on the A388 north of Lifton, 3 miles south of the town of Holsworthy.
- Clawton village is on the east bank of the River Claw, but thef Torridge parish of Clawton
- extends to the River Deer which feeds the River Tamar on the Cornwall boundary.
- Until there are sufficient sites to create independent locality categories,
- this category tree also includes the Torrdige parishes of Tetcott and Luffincott, north of the Broadwoodwidger Rural District.
- Websites for areas further south should be listed in the Broadwoodwidger category.
- Websites for areas further north should be listed in the Holsworthy category.
Related categories 1
Introduction to historical records held at Holsworthy and Westcountry Studies libraries. Includes map of Black Torrington Hundred showing the villages and roads on the east bank of the Tamar, relatively unchanged since 1765.
Clawton Primary School
Includes downloadable prospectus and newsletters.
GenUKI: Clawton, Devon
History with St Leonard, church records and genealogy. Includes map from 1850 showing the boundary with Cornwall and parishes now administered by Torridge District Council.
Family run bed and breakfast, offering rooms with a view.. and optional evening meals Introduces local attractions with links, pricing, contacts and location at Clawford, east of the village.
Last update:July 18, 2016 at 19:52:31 UTC