- Beaworthy, population less than 300, is a village north of the A3079 between Okehampton and Holsworthy.
- The parish of Beaworthy, administered by West Devon Borough Council, extends south east of the village
- along the A3079 road, north of Bratton Clovelly, as far as Thorndon Cross.
- There, its north east boundary is with the combined parishes of Ashbury and Northlew
- Directly west of the village of Beaworthy is Halwill Junction, within the parish of Halwill,
- which closes the north and west boundary with Torridge Distrct Council.
Related categories 1
Two adjacent renovations available for holidays in the countryside. Includes details of facilities, tariff, booking form and location at a hamlet between Holsworthy and Okehampton.
Devon CC: Beaworthy
Introduction to historical records held in Holsworthy, Okehampton and Westcountry Studies libraries. Includes map of the Lifton Hundred from 1765 before the building of the railway, with the village marked as Beworthy vulgo Bowery.
History including St Alban church records, and genealogy. INclude smap from 1850 showing the railway from Okehampton to Halwill junction, with the southern parish boundary along the A3079, and the north east boundary with Northlew and Ashbury.
Last update:June 10, 2016 at 19:44:23 UTC